Office for International Extension and Studies Abroad
Golden Valley School is a proud member of the Costa Rica Association for College Admissions Counseling. GVS high school students (9th-12th grade) receive individual support throughout their high school careers from the Office for International Extension and Studies Abroad as they seek academic opportunities outside of Costa Rica.
Our office works with both students and parents to develop effective relationships with international universities. Through our office GVS students may apply to pre-college summer programs, contact and apply to international universities, and even search and apply for graduate studies through our office.
The Office for International Extension and Studies Abroad also takes an active role in collaborating with the Learning Support Services Department to host activities such as Career Day.
Some of the most important duties of the Office are:
- Student profiling
- International College Counseling
- Liaison with international universities
- International university fairs
- Application process for international universities
- Letters of Recommendation
- Testing preparation: SAT, TOEFL, Subject Tests
- Pre college summer programs
- Student driven projects with international organizations
- Collaboration with LSS Department for Career Day and vocational counseling
Mr. Gerardo de Vega (IACAC member # 171253) currently serves as the coordinator of the Office for International Extension and Studies Abroad. For further information please feel free to contact Mr. de Vega at email@example.com