1. GVS is located in the province of Heredia, specifically in the San Isidro canton in the San Francisco district.
2. Heredia is located at 10 kilometers north of San Jose, Costa Rica’s capital.
3. Heredia is called the “City of Flowers” because of the abundance of gardens and a marvelous, tropical flora.
4. The city of Heredia was founded in 1705.
5. Many buildings have a colonial style architecture.
6. Golden Valley School was founded in Heredia in 1997.
7. Golden Valley School is located on a beautiful property of 6 hectares. Our beautiful campus is a safe space for all students and is surrounded by natural beauty.
8. GVS has a student population of approximately 600 students from Early Learning/Montessori to our 11th and 12th grade IB students.
9. GVS has graduated four generations with a 100% passing rate on all exams administered by the Costa Rican Ministry of Public Education.
10. GVS offers a holistic education that challenges its students to open their minds, be socially responsible, take risks and developing critical thinking.